Tutti i Millesimati realizzati dalla Maison Krug racchiudono la peculiare espressione di un’annata e del suo carattere. Un Millesimato Krug è l’assemblaggio dei vini più espressivi realizzati nello stesso anno e arricchiti da oltre dieci anni di riposo nelle cantine della Maison. Ogni Millesimato è diverso e rappresenta la melodia di quell’anno sublimata da Krug.
Krug 2006 racconta una storia di concessione, rotondità ed eleganza, soprannominata dalla Maison “Capriccio Aromatico”.
THE YEAR 2006: The year 2006 was considered a hot one in Champagne, with extreme highs and 23 days recorded over 30°C. It was a capricious climate that went from dry periods to intense rainfall - in August, 2 months of rain fell in only 2 weeks. Fortunately the sun returned to complete the ripening period shining on a beautiful harvest. Grapes had a balance close to 2002 and 1989, which were also beautiful and generous years
▪ At first sight, the intense golden colour promises round generosity.
▪ Very expressive and indulgent nose revealing yellow and dried fruit, toasted almonds, hazelnut, maple syrup, meringue and mandarin liqueur.
▪ On the palate it is generous, deep, ample and fresh with aromatic persistence and a long finish. It has notes of nougat, frangipane, pastry, tarte tatin, plenty of citrus with a beautiful finish on pink grapefruit skin.
KRUG 2006 IN ESSENCE:
▪ Krug 2006 is a story of indulgence, charm, roundness and elegance, nicknamed “Capricious Indulgence” by the House.
▪ For Krug, the year 2006 gave birth to a great and classic Krug Champagne. Krug 2006 is generous, intense in aromas on the palate, without any excess, with an ending leaving a sensation of greatness and distinction.
▪ For the final blend, the selected wines were those best exhibiting the unique, silky roundness of the year with a good structure and length. Pinot Noir constitutes almost half (48%) of the blend, with the majority coming from plots in Montagne de Reims Nord, Sud and Les Riceys. Ripe and full-bodied Chardonnays (35%) add roundness and opulence while Meuniers (17%) from Leuvrigny and SainteGemme bring tension and length.
▪ The generous aromatic and expressive profile of Krug 2006 comes after 12 years in the cellars, gaining in balance and finesse.
KRUG 2006 IS UNIQUE
▪ The expression of the year 2006 captured by Krug: Capricious Indulgence.
▪ Krug 2006 reveals the surprising story of a capricious climate with extraordinary results. This Champagne caresses the palate while expanding until a long and elegant finish completes the experience.
▪ As with all Krug Champagnes, Krug 2006 will continue to gain with the passage of time.
▪ The full story of every bottle is revealed via its Krug iD, the six digits on the back label.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: €715.00
Special Price €643.50