KRUG CLOS DU MESNIL 2004
Krug Clos du Mesnil 2004 celebra la frizzante purezza di uno Chardonnay prodotto da un singolo appezzamento protetto da mura, il Clos du Mesnil, uno dei più bei terroir della regione, da un'unica varietà e una sola vendemmia, quella del 2004.
Protetto da mura sin dal 1698, il leggendario vigneto di 1,84 ettari di Clos du Mesnil è adagiato nel cuore di Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, uno dei borghi più rinomati della regione della Champagne per la produzione di Chardonnay. La posizione privilegiata e la ridotta dimensione di soli 1,84 ettari, rendono Krug Clos du Mesnil 2004 una perla rara.
At first sight, a vibrant luminosity and intense golden colour redolent of ripe wheat.
▪ On the nose, expressive aromas of toffee apple, caramel, ripe citrus fruits and lightly toasted nuts.
▪ On the palate, it opens with astonishing generosity and breadth. Initial hints of brown sugar, candied ginger and pecan give way to notes of citrus fruits as it bursts into an explosion of freshness enhanced by a very long and elegant finish.
THE YEAR 2004 AT THE CLOS DU MESNIL:
Krug Clos du Mesnil 2004 pairs beautifully with fish or shellfish dishes such as fillet of flounder in a saffron sauce, zander with beurre blanc, seared scallops or tuna carpaccio. It may also be enjoyed with delicately flavoured meat dishes such as blanquette de veau.
▪ After a chilly start to the growing season, the beautiful weather from midSeptember ensured that 2004 was a generous year following the challenging extremes and small yields of 2003.
▪ The harvest of the Clos du Mesnil took place between 24 and 26 September 2004 and afforded exceptionally characterful yet mature grapes in very good condition.
KRUG CLOS DU MESNIL 2004 IN ESSENCE:
▪ House of Krug chose to create Krug Clos du Mesnil 2004 because the year 2004 succeeded in offering ideal conditions for the maturation of beautiful grapes, with the promise of revealing the full potential of this walled plot.
▪ Krug Clos du Mesnil 2004 exalts the crisp purity of a single walled plot of vines (clos in French) in the village of Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, and of a single grape variety – Chardonnay – from a single year, 2004.
▪ After 12 years in Krug's cellars, it reveals a precise signature and a striking grace
KRUG CLOS DU MESNIL 2004 IS UNIQUE:
▪ Krug Clos du Mesnil 2004 is the eighteenth Champagne from this unique plot of Chardonnay. The first was created with the harvest of 1979.
▪ The circumstances of 2004 lent the year’s grapes a rare beauty, making this year exceptional.
▪ The harvest afforded 12,548 bottles and 500 magnums (not yet available), all individually numbered.
▪ As with all Krug Champagnes, Krug Clos du Mesnil 2004 will continue to gain with the passage of time.
▪ The full story of every bottle is revealed via its Krug iD, the six digits on the back label.
Forse potresti essere interessato anche ai seguenti prodotti
Prezzo di listino: 3.330,00 €
Special Price 2.997,00 €
Prezzo di listino: 715,00 €
Special Price 643,50 €
Prezzo di listino: 818,00 €
Special Price 736,20 €